देश बाहिर बसेर अध्ययन गर्ने वा बिभिन्न पेशामा कार्यरत नेपालीहरुलाई खासगरी सामाजिक संजालमा “विदेशमा कुनै योगदान दिन नपर्ने, केवल बाठा कुरा गर्ने” भनेर आरोप लागेको देखिन्छ — यद्यपि बाहिरै बसेर पनि योगदान दिन चाहने/सक्नेहरुको संख्या बढ्न थालेको धेरै नभएर पनि त्यो तर्क अझै पनि देख्न सुन्न पाइएको होला ।त्यसै सन्दर्भमा मैले तलको सुची बनाएर आफुले नेपाली शिक्षा जगतमा योगदान दिएका प्रोजेक्टहरु बारे आफ्नो “नेपाल रेजुमे”को शुरुवात गरेको हुँ — यो अपुरो र यसको लेखाई अधुरो छ, समय निकालेर सुधार्नु पर्ने छ — तै पनि एका तिर अरु साथीहरुलाई यसले प्रेरित गर्ला भन्ने आशा छ भने अर्कातिर यो आफ्नै रेकर्डकालागि पनि तयार परेको हुँ। सन् १९९२ मा भारतमा विद्यालय शिक्षा हासिल गरेर स्वदेश फर्केपछिसन् १९९४ देखि २००६ सालसम्म बुटवल र काठमाडौँमा विद्यालय र विश्वविद्यालयमा शिक्षण, अनुसन्धान, र प्राज्ञिक सेवा गर्ने अवसर पाएको हुँ । नेपालमा सार्वजनिक विश्वविद्यालयको सौभाग्य/अवसर नपाएको भए उच्च शिक्षा र त्यसमा आधारित सम्मानित रोजगारको अवसर उपलब्ध हुने थिएन, न त नेपालमा त २००६ सालपछि संयुक्त राज्य अमेरिकामा थप अध्ययन गर्न आएपछिका दिनमा नै । त्यस अवसरकालागि समाजप्रतिको कृतज्ञता जाहेर गर्न पनि मैले तलका योगदान गर्ने र तिनलाई यहाँ प्रतुत गर्ने जमर्को गरेको हुँ। कुनै तवरले यसलाई भेतायेरा हेरिदिनुभयो भने मेरो हार्दिक धन्यवाद!
72. Tribhuvan University webinar, Research & Writing Support Group, 3-month long modular weekly milestones (Sept.20, Dec 20 – Feb 21).
71. Little Angels’, “Learner Engagement During Disrupted Distance Learning,” Sept. 29, 2020 (facilitated with Dr. Smrittee K. Panta)
70. Open University of Nepal, “Research and Writing as Knowledge Production, a workshop for English Studies students, Sept. 19, 2020 (organized with Tara P. Adhikari)
69. Opening Doors with Social Science Education, Golden Gate College, a panel and Q&A for college students pursuing higher education in the social sciences (with Prof. Shiva Bhusal and Ms. Moon Gurung).
68. Brain Gain Center webinar (May 2020)– helped develop, facilitate, and participated in the panel for the first session of a webinar discussion series —
67. Tribhuvan University Webinar (April-May2020): presented “critical perspectives on online education” for a panel discussion and discussion with TU leaders (including address by Education Minister)
66. Tribhuvan University Teacher Training (April 2020): trained a group of 24 TU professors and organized training for 500+ TU professors from across Nepal (स्वयंसेवी समुहले संचालन गरेको यो वृहत कार्यक्रममा शिक्षामन्त्रीले दिनुभएको मन्तव्य बारे कान्तिपुर दैनिकको समाचार)
65. King’s College Conference session (April 2020), Keynote — “Embracing Chaos: Virtual Conference on Online Teaching” (King’s College, Kathmandu)
64. KMC Orientation session (April 2020) for unit/institutional leaders of Kathmandu Model College (and network)
63. Martin Choutari Discussion — co-facilitated (with Subhash Nepal) workshop on writing for social justice, Martin Choutari (June 2019)
62. Trihuvan University (2016-17): Webinar Series (monthly teacher training workshops): Tribhuvan University (October 2016-July 2017)
61. ^^Ditto @KMC: webinar series Kathmandu Model College and Network
60. Writing for Social Justice, Op-Ed writing “course,” supported Subhash Nepali to develop and implement, organized with similar support from Dr. Tom Robertson at the Fulbright Center, Kathmandu.
59. Tribhuvan University Webinar Series (2017-18, monthly teacher training workshops): Tribhuvan University (September 2017-May 2018)
58. ^^Ditto @KMC: Kathmandu Model College and Network
56. Tribhuvan University two-day teacher training retreat/summit (Bhaktapur, May 2018): Tribhuvan University — trained trainers, helped organize and facilitate program, presented a keynote
57. ^^Ditto @KMC: Kathmandu Model College and Network
56. Tribhuvan University two-day teacher training retreat/summit (Nagarkot, May 2019): Tribhuvan University — trained trainers, helped organize and facilitate program, co-presented a talk on research advancement and integration (with Dr. Binil Aryal and Dr. Krishna Bista)
55. ^^Ditto @KMC: Kathmandu Model College and Network
54. News 24 interviews — 2 interviews about higher education and contribution of diaspora scholars
53. NELTA talk, 2016 — on the potentials for advancing Writing Studies and Writing Education within the framework of ELT in Nepal
52. Applied linguistics conference, TU CDEE, 2018 (?) — on the role of teachers as micro-level policy makers and practical translators of curricular policy
51. Two-day writing for social justice workshop (Butwal, June 2019) — a series of workshops for integrating autoethnography and research for writing to influence social policy and public engagement
50. Little Angels’s, faculty development framework workshop (June 2019) — with Krishna Bista — a workshop engaging faculty and administrators for adapting/developing a framework for rewarding faculty teaching, research, and academic/community service
49. Toronto Conference, Role of Diaspora in Higher Education in Nepal, Presented a paper on BGC (concept and promotion)
48. New York, BGC Concept and Recommendations (during visit by DPM Ishwor Pokharel)
47. BGC presentation in Kathmandu — at launching (May 31, 2019)
46. Trainer, Online workshop series on publishing research-based article for 24 scholars from across Nepal plus India and Bangladesh and across the disciplines (in collaboration with Surendra Subedi), Feb 2-020 – Apr 2020. “Publishing Your Research/Scholarship: Taking Ambitious & Purposeful Approaches to Product, Process, and Politics”
45. Trainer, Online workshop series on publishing research-based article for 12 scholars from across Nepal and across the disciplines (in collaboration with Dr. Prem Phyak), Nov 2019 – Jan 2020.
44. Trainer, Online workshop series on publishing research-based article for 12 scholars from King’s College (in collaboration with Anuj Tiwari), Aug 2019 – Dec 2019. “Publication Based on Empirical Research”
43. Trainer, Webinar series and on-the-ground training, Tribhuvan University, Nepal (assisting implementation of semester-based teaching/learning through monthly online sessions, leading up to summer programs), Nov. 2016 – Present. One group in 2016-17; two groups in 2018-19.
42. Trainer, Kathmandu Model College, similar to or overlapping with TU, Nov. 2016 – Present.
41. Trainer, Monthly online teacher training webinars, leading to a 3-day onsite training in August 2016, Midwestern U., Nepal, Oct. 2015 – June 2016.
40. Sixty plus op-ed articles (as of February 2019) for Republica, for a column on higher education and society, July 2014-Present.
39. Book: Co-edited with Bista, K. & Raby, C: Higher Education in Nepal: Practice, Policy and Perspectives. (Expected publication: Fall 2019).
38. “Realigning Higher Education.” In Bista, Sharma, Raby eds. Higher Education in Nepal: Policies and Perspectives, Routledge, 2019.
37. Co-authored with Krishna Bista and Rosalind L. Raby: “Introduction: Telling stories, generating perspectives: Local–global dynamics in Nepalese higher education.” In Bista, Sharma, Raby eds. Higher Education in Nepal: Policies and Perspectives, Routledge, 2019.
36. Co-authored with Sudha Tripathi and Surendra Subedi: “Making the shifts to change the system: Implementing the semester system through pedagogical training in Tribhuvan University.” In Bista, Sharma, Raby eds. Higher Education in Nepal: Policies and Perspectives, Routledge, 2019.
35. Co-authored with Krishna Bista and Rosalind L. Raby: “Conclusion: Complexities of higher education in Nepal” (with Rosalind L. Raby & Krishna Bista). In Bista, Sharma, Raby eds. Higher Education in Nepal: Policies and Perspectives, Routledge, 2019.
34. Chapter: Co-authored with Surendra Subedi: “Semester System in Nepal: Taking a Collaborative, Constructivist Approach to Teacher Training.” Tribhuvan University Journal, 2018.
33. Article: “Translanguaging in Hiding: Effects of English-Only Instruction on Education in Nepal.” In Transnational Writing Education: Theory and Practice. Ed. Xiaoye You. Routledge, 2018.
32. Chapter: “Third Eye: An Exhibit of Literacy Narratives from Nepal.” In Stories that Speak to Us: Exhibits from the Digital Archives of Literacy Narratives. Eds. Cynthia Selfe et al. Utah: The University of Utah Press imprint, 2012
31. Chapter: Co-authored with Bal K. Sharma. “Global Popular Culture and Literacy Practices of Nepalese Youth Online.” In ScreeningLiteracy Across Cultures. Eds. Bronwyn Williams & Amy Zenger. London: Routledge, 2012.
30. Dukhirahane Desh(a collection of poems in Nepali), Kathmandu: Sunlight Publication, 2006.
29. Book project: “Writing Education in South Asia: Obstacles and Uptakes.” (2018-20)
28. “On Their Own Terms” (2016-18),a study of writing pedagogies and engagement of global perspectives in Romania, Colombia, India, Nepal (grant: National Council of Teachers of English, US).
27. Lecturer, Tribhuvan University, Central Department of English, Nepal, 2000-2006.
26. Lecturer, TU Colleges: Padma Kanya College, Ratna Rajya Laxmi College, Nepal, 2001-2006
25. Lecturer, TU-Affiliated Colleges: Kathmandu Model College, Campion College, Kathmandu Don Bosco College, Nobel College, Nepal, 2000-2006
24. Teacher, Schools: GEMS (high school), 1998-2000; Universal Academy, 1997-98, Kathmandu; New Pinewood School (elementary & middle school), Butwal, Nepal, 1994-97.
PRESENTATIONS (PAPERS, WORKSHOPS, KEYNOTES)
SECTION TO BE UPDATED …
27. Keynote (with Cynthia Davidson & MaryAnn Duffy): “Using Research for Leveraging Education” part of joint keynote titled “Leveraging Agency: Using Writing, Technology, and Research to Drive Educational Transformation,” Kathmandu Model College
26. Talk (with Binil Aryal & Krishna Bista): “…”
25. Workshop: KMC, 2018 …
24. Workshop: TU, 2018 …
23. Paper: “Teachers as Curriculum Designers and Micro-Level Policy Makers.” (virtually presented) Annual ELT and Applied Linguistics Conference, School of Education, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, Feb. 10, 2018.
22. Workshop: “Working with Sources: Strategies for Developing & Sustaining Your Research Agenda,” with Drs. Gene Hammond & Santosh Khadka, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, Aug. 9, 2016.
21. Talk: “Get Inspired.” United States Education Foundation, Kathmandu, Nepal, Aug. 2, 2016 +++ add 2018 & 2019 talks.
20. Keynote: “Making Transformations: Growing by Giving.” Transformations: An Educational Summit. Midwestern University, Surkhet, Nepal, Jul. 25, 2016.
19. Lecture: “The Place of Writing Education in ELT: A Case for Nepal.” Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association, Kathmandu, Nepal, Aug. 13, 2016.
18. Talk: “Writing Studies and Writing-Intensive Pedagogy Across the Curriculum.” Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, July 17, 2016.
17. Roundtable (led discussion with provost and eight deans of Tribhuvan University): “Implementing and Improving the System in Nepal.” Kathmandu, Nepal, Aug. 15, 2016.
16. Talk: “Beyond Binaries: Teaching as Lifelong Learning.” Kings College, Kathmandu, Nepal, Aug. 11, 2016.
15. Talk: “Developing Your Research Agenda.” Kathmandu University, Kathmandu, Nepal, Aug. 15, 2016.
14. Paper: “Establishing a Writing Center” (a concurrent session training tutors and director). Transformations: An Education Summit. Midwestern University, Surkhet, Nepal, July 24, 2016.
13. Paper: “Global Popular Culture & Literacy Practices of Nepalese Youth Online.” CCCC, Atlanta, GA, Apr. 8, 2011.
12. Paper: “Navigating Epistemological Worldviews: Nepalese Graduate Students in Rhetoric and Composition Programs in the US.” CCCC, Louisville, KY, Mar. 18, 2010.
11. Paper: “Perceptions and Perspectives: The Journey of Knowledge in Abhi Subedi’s Fire in the Monastery.” Conference of the Literary Association of Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal, Mar. 2, 2005.
10. Paper: ELT Conferences, NELTA, Nepal, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2006.
9. Certificate/Appreciation, from Rector Prof. Dr. Sudha Tripathi, for facilitating faculty training programs, May 2019, Nagarkot.
8. Nepal Vidya Bhusan (then “Mahendra Vidya Bhusan”), Gold Medal, Royal Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal, Mar. 2000.
7. Diligence Scholarships while studying MA, Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, 1997-99; while studying BA, Butwal Multiple Campus, TU, Butwal, Nepal, 1994-96.
6. Award, National Essay Writing Context, Central Bank of Nepal Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, Nepal, 1994-97
2. Life member: Literary Association of Nepal, Nepal, 2003-
1. Life member: Nepal English Language TeachersAssociation, Nepal, 2000-