PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES
- “World Rhetorics: A Course for the Next Generation of Writing Teachers” for Composition Studies (2016).
- “Cultural Schemas and Pedagogical Uses of Literacy Narratives: A Reflection on My Journey with Reading and Writing” for College Composition and Communication. August 2015.
- Coauthored with Andrea Olinger: “WAW in the Multi-Disciplinary Graduate Writing Course.” In NEXT STEPS: New Directions for/in Writing About Writing. Eds. Barbara Bird, Doug Downs, I. Moriah McCracken, and Jan Rieman, 2016.
- Coauthored with Maha Bali: “Bonds of Difference: Participation as Inclusion.” Hybrid Pedagogy: A Digital Journal of Learning, Teaching, and Technology. April 2014.
- “Bonds of Difference: Illusion of Inclusion.” (coauthored with Maha Bali). Hybrid Pedagogy: A Digital Journal of Learning, Teaching, and Technology. April 2014.
- “Digital Storytelling in the Composition Classroom: Addressing the Challenges.” Computers and Composition Online. Winter 2013
- Collaborated with Amy Lueck (contributed design). “Writing a Translingual Script: Closed Captions in the Multilingual Hearing Classroom.” Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy 3. 2013. http://kairos.technorhetoric.net/17.3/
- “Monolingualism among Multilingual Scholars and its Implications for EAP/ESP.” Professional and Academic English: Journal of English for Specific Purposes Interest Group. 40 (Summer – Autumn), 2012
- “Criticalizing the pedagogy of English studies.”Bodhi: An Interdisciplinary Journal (Kathmandu). 4.1 (2011): 111-35.
- “Rethinking Language and Writing in Composition.” A response essay. JAC. 29 (1&2): 2009. 251-55.
- “Addressing Monolingual Dispositions with Translingual Pedagogy.” In Practical Pedagogies: Engaging Domestic and International Students in Translingual & Translocal Writing. Frost, Blum-Malley & Kiernan. (forthcoming)
- Coauthored with Maha Bali: “Envisioning postcolonial MOOCs: critiques and ways forward.” In MOOCs and higher education: What went right, what went wrong and where to next? Rebecca Bennet and Mike Kent. Routledge, 2016.
- Coauthored with Soni Adhikari: “Using Mobile Videocapture to Facilitate Student Writing and Learning” in Mobile Technology and the Writing Classroom: Resources for Teachers Ed: Claire Lutkewitte (NCTE), 2016.
- “Translating Success: Academic Transition of International Students in the US.” In International Student Mobility, Services, and Policy in Higher Education. Bista & Foster. IGI Global. 2016.
- “Third Eye: An Exhibit of Literacy Narratives from Nepal.” A multimodal book chapter. Ed. Cynthia Selfe et al. Utah: The University of Utah Press. 2012.
- Co-authored with Bal K. Sharma: “Global Popular Culture and Literacy Practices of Nepalese Youth Online,” a chapter for edited collection “Screening Literacy Across Cultures.” Ed. Bronwyn Williams and Amy Zenger. London: Routledge. 2012
- Student Mobility and the Internationalization of Higher Education: National Policies and Strategies from Six World Regions (a Project Atlas Report), Journal of International Students, Arkansas State University, 2012
Non- Peer Reviewed Works
- Blog posts on RhetCompAtStonyBrook, Transnational Writing: Special Interest Group, EdContexts, and personal blog.
- “English Language Teaching in Nepal: Promises and Challenges for Teachers.” Contemporary Issues in ELT, a journal of ELT published by the Birgunj branch of the Nepal English Language Teachers’ Association. November, 2009. 15-19.
- Editorial for the International Journal of Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Higher Education.
- “A Teacher’s Letter Home: Educational Worldviews and Approaches to ELT.” Journal of NELTA (Nepal English Language Teachers Association), 14.1 (2009)
- “Teaching: What, How, and Why?” Chrysanthemum, 8 (2006). Society of English Studies in Nepal, Kathmandu, Nepal, 2007.
- “The Language of Silence,” Chrysanthemum, 3 (2000). Society of English Studies in Nepal, Kathmandu, 2000.