- In press: Writing Support for International Graduate Students: Enhancing Transition and Success. Routledge. (Expected publication, summer 2018)
- In press: Co-editing with Bista, K. & Gaulee, U. International Student Mobility and Opportunities for Growth in the Global Marketplace. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Manuscript invited (by Oct. 30, 2018): Co-editing with K. Bista & R. Raby: Higher Education in Nepal: Practice, Policy and Perspectives. (Expected publication: Fall 2019).
- Forthcoming: “Internationalizing Writing in the STEM Disciplines,” Across the Disciplines. Special issue “Bringing the Outside In: Internationalizing the WAC/WID Classroom.” Eds. Stefanie Frigo and Collie Fulford.
- “World Rhetorics: A Course for the Next Generation of Writing Teachers.” Composition Studies, 1 (2016). (pp. 108-26).
- “Cultural Schemas and Pedagogical Uses of Literacy Narratives: A Reflection on My Journey with Reading and Writing.” College Composition and Communication,1 (2015). (pp. 104-110).
- “Bonds of Difference: Participation as Inclusion” & “Bonds of Difference: Illusion of Inclusion.” Co-authored with Maha Bali. Hybrid Pedagogy: A Digital Journal of Learning, Teaching, and Technology, 2014. (2-part article).
- “Digital Storytelling in the Composition Classroom: Addressing the Challenges.” Computers and Composition Online, Winter 2013.
- “Writing a Translingual Script: Closed Captions in the Multilingual Hearing Classroom.” Collaborated with Amy Lueck. Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy, 3, 2013. (Multimodal work).
- “Monolingualism among Multilingual Scholars and its Implications for EAP/ESP.” Professional and Academic English, 40 (Summer – Autumn), 2012. 28-43.
- “Criticalizing the pedagogy of English studies.”Bodhi: An Interdisciplinary Journal. 4.1, 2010. (pp. 111-135).
- “Rethinking Language and Writing in Composition.” A response essay. JAC. 29, 1-2, 2009. (pp. 251-255).
- “Teaching: What, How, and Why?” Chrysanthemum, (SELS, Tribhuvan U.), 2007. (pp. 27-31).
- “Teaching and the Demands of Change.” Journal of NELTA, 4.1, (pp. 76-78).
- Forthcoming: Addressing Monolingual Dispositions with Translingual Pedagogy. In Practical Pedagogies: Engaging Domestic and International Students in Translingual & Translocal Writing. Ed. Frost, Blum-Malley & Kiernan.
- Forthcoming: “Translanguaging in Hiding: Effects of English-Only Instruction on Education in Nepal.” In Transnational Writing Education: Theory and Practice. Ed. Xiaoye You.
- Forthcoming: “Unraveling Colonial Hegemonies: Scholarship and Teaching with Rhetorical Traditions from South Asia.” Rhetorics Elsewhere and Otherwise: Contested Modernities and Decolonial Visions. Ed. García & Baca.
- “Envisioning Postcolonial MOOCs: Critiques and Ways Forward.” Co-authored with Maha Bali. In MOOCs and higher education: What went right, what went wrong and where to next? Rebecca Bennet & Mike Kent. Routledge, 2017. (pp. 26-44).
- “Using Mobile Videocapture to Facilitate Student Writing and Learning.” Co-authored with Soni Adhikari. In Mobile Technology and the Writing Classroom. Ed: Lutkewitte, NCTE, 2016. (pp. 164-178).
- “Translating Success: Academic Transition of International Students in the US.” In Campus Support Services, Programs, and Policies for International Students. K. Bista. & G. Foster. IGI Global, 2015. (pp. 1-16).
- “Third Eye: An Exhibit of Literacy Narratives from Nepal.” Eds. Cynthia Selfe et al. Utah: The University of Utah Press imprint, 2012. [link]
- “Global Popular Culture and Literacy Practices of Nepalese Youth Online.” Co-authored with Bal K. Sharma. In Screening Literacy Across Cultures. Bronwyn Williams & Amy Zenger. London: Routledge, 2012. (pp. 151-166).
- Drafting: “Writing Struggles and Successes: Terms for Composing in South Asia and the United States.” Composition in South Asia: Theories and Practices of Writing (tentative book title). Eds. Shamsuzzaman & Alam.
- Review of Student Mobility and the Internationalization of Higher Education: National Policies and Strategies from Six World Regions. Publisher: Institute of International Education (IIE), Journal of International Students, 2, 2, 2012. (pp. 198-199).
SAMPLE NON PEER REVIEWED PUBLICATIONS
- “Editorial”: International Journal of Multidisciplinary Perspectives in Higher Education, 1, 2016.
- “Editorial,” Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Pedagogies. Special Issues on Massive Open Online Courses & International Education, guest edited with Michael Murphy, 2014-15.
- Editorials, co-authored as associate editor (1 of 4): Journal of NELTA (Nepal English Language Teachers Association), Issues 14 through 17 (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012).
- Editorials, ELT Choutari, blog-based monthly magazine on English Language Teaching, read by English teachers around the world; 2009-12. (10 editorials).
- Dukhirahane Desh (a collection of poems in Nepali), Kathmandu: Sunlight Publication,
(title: translates roughly to “country that keeps hurting”; subject: social/political satire).