SELECTED AWARDS, HONORS
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Faculty Service, State University of New York system, 2021
- Honorable Mention, Knowledge Advancement Award (Writing Support for International Graduate Students: Enhancing Transition and Success), Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2020.
- Best Book Award, won by the edited collection which included “Unraveling Colonial Hegemonies: Scholarship and Teaching with Rhetorical Traditions from South Asia.” (Rhetorics Elsewhere and Otherwise: Contested Modernities and Decolonial Visions. Eds. Romeo García, Damián Baca, 2019).
- Bill Godfrey Teaching Excellence Award (Humanities), College of Arts and Sciences, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, Apr. 2017.
- Spirit of Diversity Award, Career Center, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY, Apr. 2016.
- John R. Binford Memorial Awardfor Excellence in Graduate Studies (conferred at the Doctoral Commencement Ceremony), University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, Dec. 2012.
- Patricia Cross Future Leaders Award, Association of American Colleges and U., Washington D.C., Jan. 2012.
- Barbara Plattus Award for Excellence in Graduate Student Teaching, English Depart., U of Louisville, Apr. 2011.
- Alice Barns Award for Outstanding Achievements in MA, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY, Dec. 2008.
- Nepal Bidya Bhusan, National Academic Excellence Gold Medal, Royal Palace, Kathmandu, Nepal, Mar. 2000.